NCPSS User Training Notice of Electron Microscope Facility
Scipion Workshop Program
Organizer: National Center for Protein Science, Shanghai (Electron Microscope Facility)
Co-Organize: National Center for Biotechnology, Spain
Time：March 24, 2016 (Thursday)
Venue：Room 302, Building D, 333 Haike Road, Pudong District, Shanghai
Scipion is an image processing framework for obtaining 3D models of macromolecular complexes using Electron Microscopy (3DEM). It integrates several software packages and presents a unified interface for both biologists and developers. Scipion allows you to execute workflows combining different software tools, while taking care of formats and conversions. Additionally, all steps are tracked and can be reproduced later on. Home page of Scipion refers to http://scipion.cnb.csic.es/m/home/.
The speaker of this workshop is Jose Miguel who is one of developers of SCIPION. This workshop consists of two sessions.
09:30-11:30 Theoretical introduction session
- General introduction to Cryo-EM single particles technique.
- Introduction to Scipion framework
13:30-17:30 Practice session
- Movies alignment (Xmipp)
- CTF estimation and screening (Ctffind4)
- Particle picking (Xmipp and Eman)
- 2D classification (Spider )
- More picking with templates (Relion)
- 2D classification (Relion and Xmipp, maybe show precomputed results)
- Initial volume methods (Several packages)
- 3D classification and refinement (Relion, maybe show precomputed results)
This workshop is supported by Shanghai Science Research Center High End User Program.